Richard C. Andrien, Esquire has handled a countless number of labor and employment matters. Rick’s focus has been in labor and employment in the public sector. Many of the laws that apply to public employers and public employees, also apply to private employers and private employees, in the State of New Jersey.
Rick’s experience includes matters involving:
- Contract disputes about terms and conditions of employment.
- Unfair practices.
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Accommodating disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Employment discrimination, retaliation and other employment rights implicating the Federal and State Constitutions.
- Employment laws and regulations such as: the New Jersey Family Leave Act (FLA); Federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA); the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); the New Jersey Wage and Hour Law (NJWHL); the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (LAD), and others.
- Employee Discipline.
- Litigation in the Office of Administrative Law, Litigation in the New Jersey Superior Court Civil Division and Appellate Division; Litigation in Federal Court; and Arbitration.